Hoop Dreams is Saint John’s most exciting 3 on 3 youth basketball tournament open to all players ages 8 – 18 in support of the Children’s Wish Foundation. We are back for the third installment of Hoop Dreams on Saturday September 15th, 2018 at Exhibition Park. In September 2017 – 37 teams brought their hearts to the court and battled it out to be crowned a Hoop Dreams champion all while raising funds for a very worthy cause. We crowned 6 championship teams and raised an astonishing $5828.34 in support of the Children’s Wish Foundation.
Executing a major shift to an outdoor event and expanding our facilities in our new home of Exhibition Park, Hoop Dreams set the bar for the family friendly fundraising event with a highly entertaining day full of exciting action and entertainment for everyone even if you aren’t competiting. We are also introduced our top fundraising team challenge where each team reached out to their community to raise additional funds for the Children’s Wish Foundation. Our mission to encourage children in the community to help others was inspired by this fundraising challenge and proved to be a phenomenal success.
How does it work?
- Register your team – Gather 3 more friends and register your team of 4 either online Registration fees will be listed on our website
- Choose a team name – This is your identity during the Hoop Dreams event, be creative, funny, mean, whatever you like, we heard some great ones last year!
- Choose your team color – Each player receives a Hoop Dreams team colored t-shirt which will be used as your team uniform for the event.
- Start Fundraising – Ask your friends, relatives, neighbors, school for donations to sponsor your team or, why not host a Hoop Dreams fundraising event?
- Bring you’re A game!!!!! – Bring everything you’ve got to the court and show the city of Saint John your skills to compete for the title!
Registrations are now open!!!!!!!
For more information on the Children’s Wish Foundation, please visit: http://www.childrenswish.ca